DMI’s Archivist Services
We offer a wide-array of document scanning services that an archivist will find valuable. These include:
- Digitizing of typical file cabinet materials
- Rare document and book scanning
- Fragile ancient document imaging
- Microfilm, Microfiche, Slide and Transparency conversions
- Comprehensive indexing and metadata capture
- Optical Character Recognition
Since many historical volumes are extremely valuable or cannot be legally removed from their premises, we specialize in on-site document archive scanning of books and bound volumes. DMI installs a mini-network at our client’s site that is independent from the client’s system. We bring in technicians, scanners, quality control stations, indexing stations and a centralized database to organize the project. Alternatively, we can convert documents at our facility in New Jersey or Delaware. Either alternative provides an archive scan that permits multi-user access in safe electronic images.
Outsourcing to DMI not only results in lower cost, but adds:
- Professional wokflow management and control
- Large capacity for one-time projects – faster completion
- No capital outlay for scanning equipment – we maintain scanners for every type of document and media.